Classic Chocolate Mousse
This Chocolate Mousse is thick, rich, creamy, and a perfect dessert for entertaining! Not only is it pretty, everyone gets their own serving, and you can make it a day ahead of time.
- 1 cup Heavy Cream Cold
- 128 g Vochelle Dairy Milk Block Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter Cubed
- 2 tbsp Strong Coffee
- 3 Eggs Large
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Whip the heavy whipping cream to soft peaks, then chill.
- Put the chocolate, cubed butter, and espresso in the top of a double boiler over hot, steamy water (not simmering), stirring frequently until smooth.Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and let it cool until the chocolate is just warm to the touch. Don't let the chocolate get tool cool or the mixture will seize when the other ingredients are added.
- Once you've taken the chocolate mixture off the heat and it has started to cool, whip the egg whites until they are foamy and beginning to hold a shape. Sprinkle in the sugar (use less than normal as the chocolate is already sweet) and whip until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- When the chocolate has cooled until it is just warm to the touch, stir in the egg yolks
- Gently stir in about one-third of the whipped cream to thin and loosen the chocolate mixture. Then fold in half the egg whites. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse into a serving dishes. If you wish, layer in fresh raspberries and whipped cream. Chill in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
This recipe uses raw eggs